Visa And Entry Requirements
All holiday and business travellers applying for a visa to Sri Lanka must have an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter the island. For more information visit http://www.eta.gov.lk
What Are The Visit Visa Types?
There are two types of Visit Visas that travellers can apply for:
- Tourist Visit Visa – This visa is eligible for tourists who wish to enter Sri Lanka for sightseeing, relaxation, excursions, visit relatives, etc for a short duration.
- Business Purpose Visa – This visa is eligible for foreign nationals who wish to enter Sri Lanka for business purposes, for a short duration.
How to Obtain a Visa
Before you travel to Sri Lanka, for a 30-day visa:
- Apply through the Sri Lanka electronic visa website (www.eta.gov.lk).
- Follow the online application process and pay the fees
- Once approved, print out the visa confirmation
Want to stay longer?
If you’ve fallen in love with Sri Lanka and want to extend your stay, you can! You can renew a 30-day tourist visa twice, for 30 days each time. Contact the Department of Immigration and Emigration for further information.